Chinese Tofu and Vegetable Soup
This soup is great for people who have very little time to cook. You basically just put everything into a pot and in a few minutes it’s ready!
- 4 ounces soft tofu
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 15-ounce can cut baby corn, with liquid
- ½ medium red bell pepper, cut into short narrow strips
- 1 cup snow peas, cut in half
- A good handful of fresh spinach, rinsed and stems removed
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Slice tofu into strips and dab with a paper towel. After extra moisture is taken away cut strips into small dices. In a small soup pot, pour in 5 cups of water and combine with the tofu, bouillon cubes, baby corn, bell pepper, snow peas. Bring to a gentle simmer on medium heat, then cover and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop spinach finely and add to the soup. Let greens simmer until wilted which should take about 2 minutes and season with pepper to taste. Serve immediately.