Sweet Potato “Bruschetta”
Sweet Potato "Bruschetta"
This one is an Italian favorite. Sweet Potato can make a great alternative to bread. The preparation time is also surprisingly short for this superfood. It is a quick alternative to get more bang from your breakfast when you are running out of time. The purpose of this recipe is to consider this as a substitute for bread! You can also get creative with the topping too and added bell pepper, corn kernels and avocado instead of our suggestions here! Sweet potatoes are better than bread in nearly every way possible and will give you longer staying power throughout the day.
Preparation Time 8 minutes
Cooking Time 8 minutes
Ready in 10 minutes
Difficulty Level easy
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed
- ½ avocado
- ½ red bell pepper (capsicum)
- 1 shallots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 green chilli pepper (optional)
- ½ cup corn kernels, boiled or canned
- 2 tablespoon cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Prick sweet potato and microwave for 6-8 minutes until done. Allow it to cool.
- Whilst the potato is in the microwave, chop up the peppers (capsicum), avocado, shallots and cashew. Combine garlic, cilantro and green chili pepper. If you’re lazy, forget the cilantro and chilli peppers.
- Combine all the above with the corn kernels. Add lime juice. Add salt if you want to be naughty.
- Halve the sweet potatoes, top with salsa and serve.
Amount Per Serving