15 Celebrity Life Lessons
READING TIME: 3 MINUTES
Here at vegebody.com, we call attention to celebrities who promote the vegetarian and vegan lifestyle. As a segment of society that is always in the spotlight they have the power to reach millions of people, educating people on the benefits of vegetarianism.
Celebrities can also teach us some important lessons about successful living. Since they are in the public eye at all times, they are under the unusual pressure of having their personal lives made public. Some celebrities have inspiring stories of coming from humble beginnings and working hard to rise to the top. There are life lessons we can learn from celebrities.
Not all aspects of celebrity life should is inspirational or should be imitated. These are also lessons, examples of things we should avoid. However, the positive examples are worth taking a close look at.
Below are fifteen tips can be adapted to your own circumstances in life. As an added bonus, you can benefit from these suggestions without worrying about the paparazzi following you!
Divorce, Addiction, Weight Loss, Twitter and Free Stuff
- You can recover from divorce. The harshest downside of being a celebrity may be dealing with personal issues in the public eye. While only 3% of the public has been married more than twice, it seems to be common in Hollywood. There is life after divorce.
- Addictions may be a life long struggle. Some celebrities get a lot of attention for their struggles with alcohol and other drugs. It may take more than one attempt to recover from substance abuse. If you or a loved one is suffering with addiction, be strong and hold your head high!
- Lose weight the healthy way, without meat. Gossip stations seem to track every fluctuation in the body weight of some stars. It’s better to lose weight gradually in a manner that you can sustain than to subject your body to crash diets and rebounds. Many celebs attribute their long-term health success to a meatless lifestyle.
- Be selective on Twitter. Celebrities endure a lot of negative feedback that can get excessive on Twitter and other places. Evaluate yourself on your own terms so you can distinguish constructive criticism from feedback that has little merit.
- Give away free stuff. Celebrities and studios often give things away to get publicity and attract crowds. Even without being famous, you can offer modest gifts and acts of generosity that brighten the day for people.
- Find your calling. Identify your purpose in life. You’ll get better results when you feel passionate about what you’re doing.
- Take responsibility for your life. You command your own destiny. Go after what you want.
- Develop your self-esteem. Base your self-esteem on a legitimate and reliable foundation. Become aware of your good qualities and take satisfaction in living up to your values.
- Reach out to others. Everyone likes to feel appreciated. Pay attention to others and let them know you care.
- Be charitable. Many celebrities adopt special charities. You can make a difference by giving time or money to the causes you believe in.
- Bring your secrets to light. Ever wonder how some celebrities can have their dirty laundry exposed to the public and still maintain success? We’re all dysfunctional at some level, but by having personal issues in the public, celebs cannot hide and are forced to deal with them. As a result, those who face these issues are humbled and made stronger from the experience. They write autobiographies and make public appearances discussing the obstacles they’ve overcome in life, which is healing. Anyone who confronts painful subjects in this manner will become stronger.
- Help others who are less fortunate. Even if you have less money than a box office star, you probably still have more resources than others. Share your riches.
- Make your money work for you. Some people make a lot of money but end up poor in the end. Learn to manage your money so your earnings go further.
- Play an active role in your own health care. Some celebrities have taken on the causes of diseases and conditions that have touched them or their families. Talk with your doctor and research your own health needs.
- Welcome inspiration. Success sometimes seems to arrive in a flash when we’ve really been laying the groundwork for a long time. Welcome those moments of speedy progress.
Beyond all the gossip, there can sometimes be valuable insights gained by looking at the lives of celebrities. Take some time to reflect on the people you admire and see what you can learn about living life successfully on your own terms.