This super easy, quick recipe of marinated tofu bites provides a delicious option. It is nutritious and is definitely a fitness friendly vegetarian addition. If you prefer, you can bake or pan sear them for 10 minutes to get more texture and a different taste.
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 00 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes
Difficulty Level easy
- 1 (8 oz.) firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, tamari
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or molasses
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce or 1 pinch chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch of white pepper
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Discard water from tofu package. Wrap a paper towel around tofu and lightly pressed down for at least 10 minutes to drain off access water. Cut into ½ inch cubes. Alternatively, buy flavoured, precut tofu.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, tomato sauce, maple syrup, Tabasco sauce, garlic powder and hot pepper. Drizzle sauce over tofu cubes, toss to coat evenly. Keep ref16rigerated for 5 minutes- minimum.
- Transfer to serving bowl, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve.
Amount Per Serving