Health Benefits of Yogurt
If you love the flavor of yogurt, you’ll be happy to know that it also provides many health benefits for your body. Yogurt is a fermented food that’s made by combining milk with healthy bacteria.
- Better Immunity. One of the greatest benefits of eating yogurt is an improved immune system. If you struggle with catching coughs and colds you’ll find that adding yogurt to your daily routine allows you to have better health.
- Calcium Absorption. If you eat dairy products in order to increase your calcium intake, eating yogurt will actually allow your body to absorb more of the calcium. That’s because it provides you with the enzymes you need to digest it. You can actually absorb more calcium by eating yogurt than you can by drinking milk.
- Fewer Yeast Infections. The healthy bacteria in yogurt help to fight excess yeast in your body. This can reduce the number of yeast infections you experience. For women who are prone to vaginal infection eating yogurt daily can get relief.
- Digestive Regularity. Eating yogurt provides your body with healthy bacteria that work to keep digestion regular. It can help you to have fewer problems with both constipation and diarrhea.
- Food Allergies. Some research suggests that by eating more yogurt with bacteria you can reduce your risk of problems from food allergies. You can both prevent problems and possibly treat food allergies with this approach.
- Asthma Prevention. There is evidence that consuming the healthy bacteria found in yogurt will help your lung tissue stay healthier. Specifically it can stimulate the production of interleukin cells which decreases your risk of asthma inflammation.
- Reducing Inflammation. Many of the diseases people experience are related to inflammation including diabetes, Crohn’s disease, cancer, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Yogurt’s probiotic bacteria can help to reduce inflammation in the body and reduce your risk of these illnesses or reduce their effects. Weight gain is also related to inflammation and by eating yogurt you can support weight loss efforts in a natural way.
There are many different types of yogurt. Some are dairy while others are nondairy. You may also notice that there’s a difference between regular yogurt and Greek yogurt. In the end all of these yogurts have the same benefits as long as they contain healthy, live bacteria cultures.
Greek yogurt is simply dairy yogurt that has been strained. If you’re vegan consider coconut milk yogurt or soy yogurt. In addition, it’s also best to look for organic products that are free from toxins.