The Health Benefits of Juice Fasting
Juice fasting is a great way to cleanse the yourself of toxins and rejuvenate your body. It can help you lose weight and reduce cholesterol. Some say juice fasting has helped them overcome chronic pains, diseases, even cancer.
Here are some of the many advantages of juice fasting and the health benefits:
- Juice requires minimal digestion. The calories and other nutrients in juice require very little digestion, so the body absorbs the nutrients very quickly. All this unused energy is available to repair and rejuvenate the body.
- You absorb many micronutrients. When juicing, you’ll use far more fruits and vegetables than anyone could possibly eat. Your stomach just isn’t big enough!
- With juicing, you are getting tons of vitamins and minerals that are not available by eating only whole fruits and vegetables.
- Your body gets a chance to repair itself. Without the stress of digesting food, your body is able to spend time and energy on other things that can enhance your overall health.
- For example, organ repair and removal of dead and diseased cells can become more efficient.
- You will lose weight. Juicing provides tons of micronutrients with minimal calories. One could very easily juice fast and only consume a few hundred calories per day. You will lose a lot of weight, as long as you keep the amount of fruit juice under control.
- Your blood pH will stabilize. The modern Western diet is very acid promoting. The body does not function optimally in an acidic environment. Many body processes are pH dependent, and an incorrect pH creates a lot of work for the body.
- The 3-dimensional structure of proteins is dependent on pH. Keep in mind that enzymes are all protein molecules. A tremendous number of biological processes in the body are dependent on enzymes.
- Most fruits and vegetables promote an alkaline pH. Some natural health experts believe an alkaline pH is among the most important components of good health.
Those are some of the benefits fresh juice has to offer, but there’s more. There are many positive outcomes as a result of juicing. Here are a few.
You can also enjoy these physical perks:
- Greater mental focus and clarity are common when on a juice diet. We all know the feeling of being mentally sluggish after a big meal. Maybe you actually feel that way all the time, to a lesser degree, and don’t even realize it. It’s worth considering.
- Your will likely experience a mood boost. Many people report feeling refreshed and happy during a juice fast.
- Your skin, nails, and hair will grow stronger and appear healthier. Juice fasters commonly report enhancements in these areas.
- You’ll have more energy. It seems odd to think that you could eat less and have more energy. But consider that one pound of fat provides enough calories for you to run for about 30 miles. Your body isn’t suffering from a lack of energy. Unless you’re extremely lean, you have plenty of energy stored and ready for use.
- Your heart and overall cardiovascular health will increase. It’s common for blood pressure to stabilize.
- The liver has a chance to detoxify. Many of the most harmful chemicals in food are fat-soluble. Since juicing has practically no fat, you won’t be ingesting these substances.
- By losing weight, your body will finally have a chance to release other harmful chemicals stored in the body.
If you feel like you’ve been stuck in a rut with your health, a juice fast might hold the answer to rejuvenating yourself. All you need is a juicer and some fruits and vegetables. There are many recipes and a lot of great information available online or in various books.
These were just some of the benefits to juice fasting, but to do a fast properly and safely, you should read up a little more on the subject. There are many online resources and books that will help you plan and schedule a proper juice fast.
With information in hand, you can begin planning when you want to start your fast and how long you are on it. You’ll also find that there are many different types of juice fasts designed for different types of health problems or health goals, and choose one that best meets your health objective.
You might be skeptical that you can have all the benefits above just from drinking juice. The only thing I can say is why not give juice fasting a chance and see what it can do for your mind and body. That’s the best way to find out how you’ll feel after giving your body a break from all the unhealthy food it’s had to digest over the years. If you give your body a complete refresh, it will surprise you in many wonderful ways.